The following Incentive resources and examples represent best practices from Agencies large to small. Please contribute a resource representing best practices in your community via the boxes to the left of this page.
- Overview of Available Texas Incentives – This is an overview of the various incentives offered by the State of Texas.
- Tax-Related ED Programs – A pdf summary from the Texas Comptroller’s Office
- Property Enhancement Incentives Policy – Usually a matching-grant policy to enhance the appearance of commercial properties.
- Skills Development Fund – The Skills Development Fund is Texas’ premier job–training program providing training dollars for Texas businesses and workers. Administered by the Texas Workforce Commission, success is achieved through collaboration among businesses, public Community and Technical colleges, Local Workforce Development Boards and economic development partners.
- Evaluating Incentives – This article by the Texas Taxpayers and Research Association (TTARA) discusses several aspects and myths about providing incentives to businesses.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program – USCIS administers the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5,” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. Under a pilot immigration program first enacted in 1992 and regularly reauthorized since, certain EB-5 visas also are set aside for investors in Regional Centers designated by USCIS based on proposals for promoting economic growth.
- New Market Tax Credits – A presentation by Dallas ED providing an overview of NMTC.