Assist with the negotiations, analysis, Agreement in Principle, and final agreements mutually agreed upon by both parties.
- A business or developer has asked for incentives but there is not a well-defined process for evaluation
- Staff does not have time or resources to perform desired analysis, prepare evaluation options for Board / Council, or to document incentive negotiations
- Both parties desire to make a deal happen but need assistance in formalizing an agreement
- The Agency may just need another set of eyes to look after their best interests in the preparation or review of incentive documents
Service Goals / Deliverables
- Discuss with both parties the aspects of incentives that they think are most important or willing to provide
- Identify performance requirements in order to qualify for the incentives
- Identify sources of revenue [e.g. taxes, fees, exactions] that may be used to provide the incentives
- Prepare any needed revenue analysis, evaluation forms, etc. for consideration by Board / Council
- Prepare an Agreement in Principle outlining the “deal points” for both parties
- Prepare the desired Chapter 380 or Tax Abatement Agreements
- Utilize redline / strikeout format to clearly show revisions during negotiations
- Prepare Resolution for adoption of agreement(s)
- Contact us for a one-page Service Profile.