Develop an Incentives Policy that provides matching-grant incentives for enhancements to private commercial properties. Can also include residential properties if desired.
- The Community’s appeal to prospective businesses is diminished by commercial properties that are dilapidated or need some assistance funding improvements
- Existing businesses feel that the Agency / Community spends more resources attracting new businesses than supporting existing businesses
- Identify the concerns of the Community and programs that would help resolve these concerns
- Develop requirements, evaluation criteria, participation criteria, and procedures to implement the desired programs
- A Resolution adopting the Policy
- A Policy summarizing the incentive programs as noted above
- An application sufficient to implement the Policy
- Contact us for a one-page Service Profile.
Example Property Enhancement Programs
Following are examples of potential enhancements to the property.
- Facade: Paint, brick / stone, awnings, lighting, windows
- Landscaping: Tree planting, new plants, irrigation, renovated lawn
- Signage Replacement: Changes to lighting, removing poles / installing monuments, brick / stone structures, better locations
- Driveway: Removal of a drive, repaving, new turning radii, shared drive location
- Parking: New pavement, lighting, landscaping, irrigation, screening
City of Keller Summary of Property Enhancement Projects – An outstanding overview of several projects that benefited from Keller’s Façade Improvement Policy.
Following are Case Studies of various Property Enhancement Programs. Each provides a unique approach to solving real-world challenges while meeting agency objectives. The Case Studies include program highlights, regulatory aspects, benefits of the program, lessons learned, project examples, and details and photos of a particular project.