The following are comprehensive training modules for EDO Board Members and / or Staff. These are often presented concurrently to A, B, and / or MDD Boards with City Council as well. The series shown is intended to evolve from introductory level knowledge as an economic development foundation, to more in-depth and technical topics.
- Ramping Up Your Economic Development Program: An overview of all aspects of implementing or enhancing an efficient and productive Economic Development program. (Board / Staff)
- BRE Programs Overview: Provide a comprehensive presentation highlighting a variety of BRE programs from simple to complex. Discuss with the Board and Staff which programs might be a best fit at this time and ways to implement the programs with current resources. (Board / Staff)
- Local Incentives Overview: An informal overview of various potential local incentives, how they are authorized, identified, and incorporated into incentive agreements. (Board / Council / Staff)
- Understanding the Planning & Development Process: An overview of Planning and Development processes; basic definitions, Comprehensive Plan components and basic planning and engineering. (Board / Staff)
- Incentive Policies – Analysis – Agreements: An informal overview of incentive policies, analysis of incentive proposals, and writing comprehensive incentive agreements. (Board / Staff)
- PPT presentation with informal discussion
- 1.5 – 2 hours